Dharavi Receiving station is the Headquarters for Central Zone of transmission network located close to central railway (Matunga) and western railway (Matunga Road)
The Tata Power Company Limited,
Dharavi Receiving Station,
Near Shalimar Industrial Estate,
Matunga, Mumbai 400 019,
In addition to central zone and nodal zone of the transmission network many other office functions are being operated from Dharavi Receiving station.
Transmission - Operational
Office set up for
- Head, Transmission
- Head, Central Zone
- Group Head – Dharavi node
- Group Head - Security Services - T&D
- SCADA team
- Maintenance & operations team, stores and administration
Other functions seated at Dharavi are:
DCS & DSS team
- Employee Services & Admin. - Dharavi
- ICT- e security
- MO-Human Resources & Admn
Year of establishment
It was established in the year 1922
Present set up
Other stations under the operational purview of Dharavi Central Zone are:
- Chembur receiving station
- Ixora Substation (near Panvel)
220KV Gas Insulated Switchgear
Aerial view while established
Construction work at Dharavi Receiving station (1925)
Get together Party at Dharavi in 1928
- Second Oldest receiving station
- Constructed in 1922.
- 1992 -- 220 kV Toshiba make Gas Insulated Switchgear was commissioned at Dharavi.
- Between 1993 and 1995, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition System (SCADA) was commissioned at Dharavi.
- Between 1993 – 1995 Two nos. 220 kV Trombay – Dharavi lines and Two nos. Bhira Dharavi lines were commissioned.
- Between 1994-95, 33 kV Buses were commissioned at Dharavi. Power distribution to BEST and REL at 33 kV started.
- Between 1998 and 2006, two additional transformers commissioned on 33 kV side to cater the increasing load.
- Between 2010 and 2012, 220kV TD#9, 250MVA ICT & 33kV GIS Bus section added to cater the increasing load.