Parel Receiving station is the headquarter for South Zone of Transmission network located close to central railway (Currey Road on Main Line) and Cotton Green on Harbour Line)
The Tata Power Company Limited,
Parel Receiving Station,
Near Deepak Jyothi Tower,
G D Ambedkar Marg, Parel,
Mumbai - 400 033,
In addition to South Zone and Parel Node of transmission network offices of CTTL and TPDSI (Tata Power Skill Development Institute) are also located at Parel.
Transmission - Operational
Office set up for
- Head South Zone T (Mr. Donald Sequeira)
- Group Head, Parel Node (Mr. Ravikumar D)
- Maintenance & operation team, stores and administration
Year of establishment
It was established in the year 1915
Present set up
Power Supplied to
- Satellite stations - Mahalaxmi, Grant Road, Mankhurd.
- CR at Wadala and Chinchpokli.
- BEST customers
- Railways, BEST, MbPt and Direct customers
Other stations under the operational purview of Parel are:
- Mahalaxmi Receiving station
- Carnac Receiving station
- Back bay
- Grant road tapping station
- Wadala Sub Station (CR)
GE make Magna Blat Circuit breaker (Make 1958)
33 kV Siemens GIS
33 kV AIS (Vacuum Circuit breakers)
- It is the oldest receiving station constructed by Tata Power.
- It was constructed in 1915.
- In 1931, first 110 kV tie line to Dharavi was commissioned. Supply to BEST through 22 kV underground cables also started around the same time. Total installed capacity at that time was 45 MVA at 6.6 kV and 24 MVA on 22 kV.
- During 1950-60 old transformers were retired and 20 MVA Hackbridge transformers were commissioned. One of them is still in service at Parel (rewound by Crompton in 1984) and is feeding 6.6 kV load.
- In 2009, 33 kV Bus Sections were commissioned at Parel. Power distribution to BEST at 33 kV started.